- PM Modi visit USAOnly the mirror in my washroom and phone gallery see the crazy me : Sara KhanKarnataka rain fury: Photos of flooded streets, uprooted treesCannes 2022: Deepika Padukone stuns at the French Riviera in Sabyasachi outfitRanbir Kapoor And Alia Bhatt's Wedding Pics - Sealed With A KissOscars 2022: Every Academy Award WinnerShane Warne (1969-2022): Australian cricket legend's life in picturesPhotos: What Russia's invasion of Ukraine looks like on the groundLata Mangeshkar (1929-2022): A pictorial tribute to the 'Nightingale of India'PM Modi unveils 216-feet tall Statue of Equality in Hyderabad (PHOTOS)
Jakub Mensik overcame rain and an opponent chasing history when he stunned six-time champi
- KIPG: Son of a vegetable vendor, Bihar’s Jhandu Kumar eyes Worlds, 2028 Paralympics
- Hardik Singh credits hard work and team unity for receiving HI Midfielder of the Year award
- Djokovic, Alcaraz land in same half of Miami draw
- India to host 2nd Asian Yogasana Championships from March 29 to 31
- FA Cup: AFC Bournemouth secure 5-4 penalty shootout win vs Wolves to reach QF
NIA releases two Pakistanis held for Uri attack Last Updated : 08 Mar 2017 06:14:59 PM IST (File photo)
The NIA on Wednesday said it had released two Pakistani teenagers arrested last year in connection with the attack on an Army camp in Jammu and Kashmir's Uri and handed them over to the army for sending them back to their homes.
Faisal Hussain Awan and his friend Ahsan Khursheed, residents of Pakistan-Administered Kashmir, were released when the counter terrorism law enforcement agency found no clue against them during its investigation in the September 18, 2016 terror attack.
The two were arrested on September 21 in connection with the attack on the Indian Army base in Uri town, that left at least 19 soldiers dead and was blamed on Pakistan.
"Hussain and Khursheed have been released and handed over to the Army's 16 Corps headquarters today (Wednesday) for sending them back to Pakistani authorities," said a National Investigation Agency (NIA) official.
The NIA investigation has so far revealed that the two youth crossed over to the Indian side after an altercation with their parents due to pressure over "studies".
The agency said that the evidence collected in the form of statements, technical analysis of their mobile phones, seized GPS (Global Positioning System) devices and other circumstantial evidence collected by it did not reveal any linkage of the suspects with the Uri attackers.IANS For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
172.31.16.186