- PM Modi visit USAOnly the mirror in my washroom and phone gallery see the crazy me : Sara KhanKarnataka rain fury: Photos of flooded streets, uprooted treesCannes 2022: Deepika Padukone stuns at the French Riviera in Sabyasachi outfitRanbir Kapoor And Alia Bhatt's Wedding Pics - Sealed With A KissOscars 2022: Every Academy Award WinnerShane Warne (1969-2022): Australian cricket legend's life in picturesPhotos: What Russia's invasion of Ukraine looks like on the groundLata Mangeshkar (1929-2022): A pictorial tribute to the 'Nightingale of India'PM Modi unveils 216-feet tall Statue of Equality in Hyderabad (PHOTOS)
The 15th Hockey India Senior Men National Championship, set to take place from April 4 to
- Mensik denies Djokovic 100th title in Miami final
- KIPG: Son of a vegetable vendor, Bihar’s Jhandu Kumar eyes Worlds, 2028 Paralympics
- Hardik Singh credits hard work and team unity for receiving HI Midfielder of the Year award
- Djokovic, Alcaraz land in same half of Miami draw
- India to host 2nd Asian Yogasana Championships from March 29 to 31
Bomb threat at IGIA's T2 sends cops into a tizzy Last Updated : 13 Aug 2019 05:03:07 AM IST New Delhi: Terminal 2 of Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) that is set to be inaugurated on Sunday. (Photo: Rohit Vaid/IANS) Normal operations were restored at the Indira Gandhi International Airport's Terminal 2 after a bomb threat received by police turned out to be a hoax. A man who suspected to have made the threat has been arrested but denied any involvement.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, IGIA, Sanjay Bhatia told IANS that around 8.30 p.m., the police control room received a call warning that a bomb had been placed at the airport's Terminal 2 and challenged the police to stop the blast.
Following the threat, security agencies swung into action and the Bomb Threat Assessment Committee (BTAC) personnel reached the spot. Personnel of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Delhi Police, Airports Authority, and the Fire Services searched every corner of the airport but did not find anything suspicious.
However, a BTAC team were still at Terminals 2 and 3.
Meanwhile, airport officials said that after the threat call, the departure area was evacuated, while arriving passengers were held up inside their aircraft.
After nothing was found, normal terminal operations resumed at around 10 p.m.
Police said that the man accused of making the threat call had been traced and taken into custody but had denied making any call threatening to blow up the airport.IANS New Delhi For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
172.31.16.186